Gmail Imap Smtp Server Settings
The IMAP protocol is used by most of the people as it keeps a copy of all messages on its server that you have received or sent.The Gmail IMAP Smtp server settings details are mentioned below.
- Step : 1 The Incoming mail (IMAP) server address for Gmail will always be imap.gmail.com.
- Step : 2 The port number of IMAP is 993 when the SSL/TLS option is enabled.
- Step : 3 It is mandatory to use the SSL or TLS security type.
- Step : 4 Simple Mail Transfer Protocol server address for Gmail is smtp.gmail.com.
- Step : 5 The port number for SSL is 465, and TLS/STARTTLS is 587. SSL, TLS, and Authentication are to be enabled while performing the server settings.
The guided instructions below will explain how to configure your Gmail account in the Outlook 2016 application.
Perform the following steps that we can enable the settings In Gmail Imap Smtp Server.
- Step 1: First, make sure that you have enabled the IMAP option on your Gmail account.
- Step 2: If not, sign in to your Gmail account, click Settings --> Forwarding and POP/IMAP --> Enable IMAP.
- Step 3: After that, make sure to click the Save Changes button.
- Step 4: Now, on your system, launch the Outlook 2016 application.
- Step 5: Locate and click the File tab.
- Step 6: Click the Add Account option in the Account Settings section.
- Step 7: Choose the Manual setup or additional server types option on the Add Account screen and click the Next button.
- Step 8: Select the POP or IMAP option by clicking the radio button beside it.
- Step 9: Now, the POP and IMAP Account Settings window will appear on the screen.
- Step 10: Enter your name and Gmail account email address in the text fields in the User Information section.
- Step 11: After that, navigate to the Server Information section and select the IMAP option from the Account Type drop-down menu.
- Step 12: Type the imap.gmail.com address in the Incoming mail server field and smtp.gmail.com in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field.
- Step 13: In the text fields below the Logon Information section, type your Gmail account mail address and its password.
- Step 14: If required, enable the Remember password option by ticking the checkbox beside it.
- Step 15: We can enable the settings in Gmail IMAP SMTP server.
- Step 16: Now, click the More Settings button.
- Step 17: Navigate to the Outgoing Server section and enable the first two options.
- Step 18: After that, click the Advanced tab on the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box.
- Step 19: Enter 993 in the Incoming server (IMAP) field.
- Step 20: Choose the SSL option for the encrypted connection type.
- Step 21: In the Outgoing server (SMTP) field, type 587.
- Step 22: Select the encrypted connection type as TLS from the given drop-down menu.
- Step 23: Make sure that the Purge items when switching folders while online option and click the OK button on the Internet Email Settings dialog box.
- Step 24: If the Auto text account settings option is enabled already, then the test mail will be sent to your Gmail account automatically.
- Step 25: If not, click the Test Account Settings button.
- Step 26: If you receive the test mail successfully, then the configuration is done correctly.
- Step 27: If not, reconfigure your mail settings.
- Step 28: To get remote assistance in configuring your Gmail account on the Outlook 2016 application, click the Call button available on this screen.
- Step 29: By Using these steps that we can enable the settings in Gmail Imap Smtp Server.