How To Add Gmail Shortcut To Desktop?
Having a Gmail shortcut on your desktop will ensure comfort and convenience. Please follow the instructions given below to do the same. Please remember that these steps will apply to Windows 10 and all the earlier versions, but not to mobile devices or tablets. Carry out these below-mentioned steps how to add Gmail shortcut to Desktop.
Making a shortcut to Gmail using Google Chrome:
- Step 1: On your computer, navigate to the Gmail home page using Google Chrome. Then, select More tools from Chrome’s drop-down menu.
- Step 2: On the Tools menu, you will find either the Create shortcut option or the Add to desktop option. Now, click on the option.
- Step 3: Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions. And then, the Gmail icon will automatically get displayed on your desktop.
- Step 4: In case your Windows version supports it, you can click on the Gmail icon and select the Pin to taskbar or Pin to Start menu option. Otherwise, you can drag the icon to your taskbar. It will remain there forever.
Making a shortcut to Gmail using Mozilla Firefox:
- Step : 1 On your computer, navigate to the Gmail home page using Mozilla Firefox.
- Step : 2 Resize the Mozilla Firefox window such that you will be able to view both the computer desktop and the Mozilla Firefox window simultaneously on your screen.
- Step : 3 Now, click the Padlock icon on the browser. You can find this icon on the left of your address bar. You can easily see it to the left of the URL.
- Step : 4 Holding your mouse button down, you have to drag the pointer to your desktop. Then, let go of your mouse button.
- Step : 5 Now, you will find an icon on your desktop, just where you have dropped the mouse cursor. In case you wish to change this icon’s name to Gmail or any other desired name, then double-click the icon and select Rename.
- Step : 6 Follow these steps we can execute that how to add Gmail Shortcut to Desktop.
Creating a Gmail shortcut using Microsoft Edge:
- Step 1: On your computer, navigate to the Gmail home page using Microsoft Edge.
- Step 2: Next, open the Edge drop-down menu. You can see two options here.
- Step 3: Pin this page to the taskbar
- Step 4: Pin this page to Start
- Step 5: Now, select any one of the above options.
- Step 6: You will see that the Gmail icon automatically displays on your taskbar or Start menu.
- Step 7: For having the same icon on your desktop, you just have to drag it from the Recently added section provided in the Start menu.
- Step 8: After you drag it, you can drop the same on any desired location on your desktop.
- Step 9: By using these steps we can execute that how to add Gmail shortcut to desktop using Chrome, Firefox, and MS Edge.