How To Find Backup Files On Mac?
Here's how to find backup files on Mac computer in two locations:
Carry out these steps to find your backup files from the iTunes backup list on your Mac:
- Step : 1 First, click the Finder icon available at the dock to open Finder.
- Step : 2 Next, click the Go menu at the top of the screen.
- Step : 3 Select the Go to Folder option from the drop-down menu to open the Go to Folder dialog box.
- Step : 4 Alternatively, you can open the Go to Folder dialog box by pressing the Command + Shift + G shortcut keys.
- Step : 5 If you have not changed the default iTunes backup folder location, enter ‘~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup’ in the Go to Folder dialog box and click the Go button.
- Step : 6 It will direct you to the Backup folder on your Mac.
- Step : 7 You can find the iTunes backup list in the Backup folder.
- Step : 8 If you aren’t able to view the files, then the data might be hidden.
- Step : 9 Press the Command + Shift + G shortcut keys and open the Go to Folder dialog box again.
- Step : 10 Enter the backup location and click the Go button to access the hidden backup files.
- Step : 11 Otherwise, type ‘defaults write com.apple,Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES’ in the Terminal window.
- Step : 12 This will give you access to view the hidden Backup files on your Mac.
- Step : 13 By using these steps on how to find backup files on Mac.
Carry out these steps to find the backup files from the specified iTunes backup file on your Mac:
- Step : 1 Open iTunes by clicking the iTunes icon in the dock.
- Step : 2 Click the iTunes menu at the top-left corner of the screen and select the Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
- Step : 3 In the Devices Preferences window, click the Devices tab and give a right-click on the backup file from the displayed list.
- Step : 4 Select the Show in Finder option from the pop-up menu.
- Step : 5 Now, you can find the specified iTunes backup file in the Backup folder.
- Step : 6 Give a right-click on the backup file and select the Get Info option to view the backup location.
- Step : 7 This method is useful when you have changed the default iTunes backup location.
If you still have difficulties on how to find backup files on Mac, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.