How To Fix Mac Mail Not Working?
If you are using macOS, then you might have encountered the Mail mail not working issue on your Apple device at least one time. There are many reasons for this cause. But, at the same time, this problem can be resolved easily as other issues. To know-how to resolve the Mail app not working issue, scroll down this page.
- If you’re encountering this issue for the first time, then check if your macOS device is connected to the Internet.
- If not, connect your macOS device to the Internet and then try to launch the Mac Mail.
- If the Mail app not working issue persists, then check your Mail connection.
- To do so, carry out the steps given below:
- On your macOS device, open the Mail app.
- Click the Connection Doctor option.
- Now, the problem with connecting to the Mail app will be displayed on the screen.
- Perform the recommended solutions to resolve this issue.
If the Mail app not working issue persists, even after performing the above instructions, then re-check account settings.
If required, modify them.
Similarly, if required, remove and re-add your Mail account.
If your Mail app still doesn’t work, then perform the instructions to resolve the Mac mail not working issue.
- Force quit the Mail app. If you’re unable to do it, then open the Activity monitor window on your macOS.
- To open it, click on the Spotlight icon, and type the Activity Monitor command.
- From the list of suggestions, select the relevant one.
- In the Activity Monitor App window, click anywhere in the search box and type Mail. Highlight the app that you’re encountering an issue.
- Click the X icon.
- Now, open the Finder app on your macOS.
- Hold down the Option key.
- Look for the Library menu and select it while holding the Option key.
- Now, navigate to the following path: Containers > com.apple.mail > Data > Library > Saved Application Store. Select and move the com.apple.mail.savedState folder to trash.
- Go to Library/Container of the Finder window and clear all the Mail app library containers.
- Look for the com.apple.mail and com.apple.MailServiceAgent files and move them into your desktop.
- Similarly, delete the Mail Envelope files stored in the MailData folder.
- Expand the MailData Folder and select the following files Envelope Index, Envelope Index-shm, and Envelope Index.wal and move them into Desktop.
- Now, delete all files available in the Trash folder.
- Restart your macOS device and launch the Mail app.
- Check whether the Mac Mail not working issue is resolved.
- If not, contact us.