Windows Live Mail Not Working
As we all know that the Windows Live Mail is an email client application much similar to that of Gmail or Yahoo!, it is developed by Microsoft for both means of communication internally and also externally. The Windows Live mail comes as a boon for many users and helps in managing their day-to-day tasks with ease. Carry out these below mentioned steps windows live mail not working.
When it comes to applications, there is no such thing as a fully functioning application, and every other app has its own set of errors. The Windows Live Mail (WLM) is no different when it comes to errors.
Here are some quick fixes to help you access Windows Live Mail in no time.
Method 1: Run Windows Live Mail as Administrator
- Step : 1 Open the Windows Live Mail from the program files.
- Step : 2 Navigate to the C:\ drive and go to the Program Files folder. Select the Windows Live Mail.
- Step : 3 Right-click on the file wlmail.exe and open the Properties window.
- Step : 4 Click the Compatibility tab on the top pane and select the option Run Compatibility troubleshooter.
- Step : 5 In the compatibility tab, go to the mode section and select the Windows Operating system from the drop-down list.
- Step : 6 Click to enable the checkbox Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Step : 7 Click the OK button.
- Step : 8 Follow these steps we can execute that windows live mail not working.
Method 2: Check Windows Firewall and third-party firewalls
- Step 1: Let me brief you on the Firewall settings for the Windows Live Mail application to work properly.
- Step 2: Click on the Windows Search bar located at the left-bottom of the desktop, type Firewall, and press the Enter button.
- Step 3: You will now see the search results and click on Windows Firewall.
- Step 4: Open the Windows Firewall Settings and click the link that reads Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Step 5: Click on Change Settings option, and you will now be displayed the Allowed Apps and features dialog box.
- Step 6: Now, you have to enable the following protocols from the Apps and features dialog box for both Private and Public sections.
- Step 7: Windows Live Communications Platform
- Step 8: Windows Live Communications Platform (SSDP)
- Step 9: Windows Live Communications Platform (UPnP)
- Step 10: Once enabled, click the Change Settings button on the top right corner of the dialog box.
- Step 11: Restart your computer and check if you can access Windows Live Mail now.
Method 3: Delete and create a new Windows Live Mail account
- Step 1: If none of the above methods help you in making the Windows Live Mail app work on your computer, you can create a new Windows Live Mail account.
- Step 2: The Signup process is quite simple.
- Step 3: Open the default browser and enter the Windows Live mail website in the address bar.
- Step 4: Click the signup button, follow the on-screen instructions, and complete the account creation process.
- Step 5: Make sure you update the web browser in which you are using the Windows Live Mail.
- Step 6: By using these steps we can execute that windows live mail not working.